About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 5 March 2012

Review: Care of Wooden Floors

Hardback: £ 12.99
Publisher: Harper Press

It takes a lot for a novel to make me laugh out loud and this did it on several occasions. It even got me in to trouble! I was on the train on Friday night from Clapham Junction to Shepherd's Bush and was sitting across the gangway from a boy who was on the phone to his girlfriend, they were arguing. At one point my snorting laughter coincided with a big rant by him to his girlfriend. For the remaining 8 mins of the very short journey he kept giving me daggers and I had to stifle any emotions be they vocal or merely facial expressions! 

Anyway, moving on to the novel.....

I enjoyed it hugely. It made the bizarre yet mundane events of life compelling and gripping! The truly farcical nature is brilliant! I loved the main dude, he has a fab train of thought that I enjoyed entirely. I was most saddened to not learn his name. I really am getting used to first person and the more I read it the more compelling and 'acceptable' I find it. Oskar wasn't my favourite person in the beginning. I found him to be a bit too pedantic, but then I thoroughly enjoyed his crazy note leaving and by the end found him rather endearing.

The cats were great and I loved their names (Shossy and Stravvy)! I would of course love cats with bonkers names seeing as mine is 'The Great Catsby'. They had a major part in the events of the novel and cannot go without a mention.

I enjoyed this novel so much that I raved about it all weekend to my boyfriend and, even ended up avoiding conversation with one of his housemates so I could keep on reading.

Oh and one last thing, after reading this, I do believe I could take excellent care of wooden floors!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment